About the Journal
"Olsztyn Economic Journal" (ISSN 1897-2721, e-ISSN 2083-4675) is a scientific journal, published in English by the Faculty of Economic Sciences of the University of Warmia and Mazury in Olsztyn. It publishes scientific papers of methodical, review and empirical nature in the field of social sciences (discipline economics and finance, as well as management and quality studies). The first issue of the journal was published in 2006. From 2007 to 2012 the journal was published semi-annually and from 2013 is published quarterly. The print edition is the primary version of the Journal.
AIMS OF THE JOURNAL
1. Sharing the thoughts about and insights into the current economic issues within the community of researchers and scientists, from the national, international and global perspective.
2. Disseminating the results of the latest research and development projects conducted in the national and international research centres.
"Olsztyn Economic Journal" is an important platform for the scientific community to share ideas. The journal publishes original results of studies carried out by Polish and foreign academics in the field of social sciences, in the disciplines: economics and finance, as well as management and quality studies.
The subject scope of papers published in "Olsztyn Economic Journal" covers:
1. Macroeconomic issues, including: economic growth and sustainable development, labour market, European economic integration, regional policy and local policy;
2. Mircoeconomics issues, such as: the functioning of households and enterprises, innovativeness of business companies, business environment institutions;
3. Issues connected with management and quality studies, such as: management of a company, management of human resources, social responsibility of companies.
The beginnings of the journal trace back to the 1980s. Between 1986 and 1998, the Agricultural and Technical Academy in Olsztyn published a journal “Acta Academiae Agriculturae ac Technicae Olstenensis. Oeconomica” (ISSN 0860-2948), edited by Professor E. Niedzielski. In 1999, it was replaced by the journal “Economic Sciences” (ISSN 1505-4683), edited by Professor B. Grudniewska, T. Stachowski. It would be published until 2005. At the same time, between 2004 and 2006, the journal “Zagadnienia Ekonomiczne” (ISSN 1733-9251) edited by Professor J. Heller was also published. In 2006, the two journals ("Economic Sciences” and “Zagadnienia Ekonomiczne”) merged to form “Olsztyn Economic Journal”.