About the Journal
"Olsztyn Economic Journal" (ISSN 1897-2721, e-ISSN 2083-4675) is a scientific journal, published in English by the Faculty of Economic Sciences of the University of Warmia and Mazury in Olsztyn. It publishes scientific papers of methodical, review and empirical nature in economic sciences. The first issue of the journal was published in 2006. From 2007 to 2012 the journal was published semi-annually and from 2013 is published quarterly. The print edition is the primary version of the Journal.
1. Exchange of scholarly ideas concerning economic issues in the European and global perspectives.
2. Publishing research results as the basis for ensuring the development of academic staff, including obtaining academic degrees and titles.
1. Mainly the results of research conducted at economic faculties of leading Polish and foreign universities are published.
2. The articles pertain to the area of social sciences and have to meet the qualitative standards of the disciplines of economy, management and socioeconomic relations.
The aim of the journal is to disseminate original, scientific, theoretical or applied research in the field of economic and social sciences. In the fields of these research, the most important things is to focus on:
1) Macroeconomic issues with particular references to:
a) economic growth and sustainable development,
c) labour market,
d) financial market,
e) exchange rates,
f) technology transfer,
g) economy of development,
h) European economic integration with emphasis on united European market and UE's, economic & social policy.
2) Microeconomic issues with particular references to internationalization and creating & implementing innovation of SME.
The beginnings of the journal trace back to the 1980s. Between 1986 and 1998, the Agricultural and Technical Academy in Olsztyn published a journal “Acta Academiae Agriculturae ac Technicae Olstenensis. Oeconomica” (ISSN 0860-2948), edited by Professor E. Niedzielski. In 1999, it was replaced by the journal “Economic Sciences” (ISSN 1505-4683), edited by Professor B. Grudniewska, T. Stachowski. It would be published until 2005. At the same time, between 2004 and 2006, the journal “Zagadnienia Ekonomiczne” (ISSN 1733-9251) edited by Professor J. Heller was also published. In 2006, the two journals ("Economic Sciences” and “Zagadnienia Ekonomiczne”) merged to form “Olsztyn Economic Journal”.