1. General Provisions
1.2. The administrator of personal data is the University of Warmia and Mazury in Olsztyn, based in Olsztyn, at ul. Michała Oczapowskiego 2, NIP: 739-30-33-097, REGON: 510884205 hereinafter referred to as the "Administrator".
1.3. The processing of personal data will be carried out in accordance with the requirements of generally applicable provisions of law of the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95/46 / EC, hereinafter referred to as "GDPR".
2. Purpose, scope and duration of personal data processing
2.1. Personal data of the Platform users will be processed to the extent and for the purpose necessary for the efficient functioning of electronic scientific journals, in particular for the purpose of:
- efficient communication in the editorial process;
- content editing;
- creating internal reports and analyzes (including statistics on subpages viewing, publication readership);
- sending, with the consent of users, notifications and information regarding the journal;
- informing readers about the authorship of texts published on the Platform;
- indexing published texts and data in databases.
2.2. Users registered on the Platform may provide the Administrator with the following data:
- Second name
- Last name
- Password (encrypted)
- ORCiD ID
- Address for correspondence
- Date of registration
- Last login date
- Research interests
- Function (role) on the Platform
2.3. Persons registering with the rights of a reader are required to provide the following data:
- Last name
- Function (role) on the Platform
2.4. Persons registering with the rights of the author, apart from the data specified in point 2.3, are obliged to provide information on affiliation and country of origin.
2.5. Providing personal data is:
- voluntary when using the content of open access journals deposited on the platform
- a necessary condition if you want to participate in the electronic publishing process, including:
- depositing texts for publication as authors' rights
- conducting work related to the functions of: editor, department editor, technical editor, reviewer, DTP specialist, indexer, proofreader, journal manager, subscription manager, marketing manager
- creating an account with reader rights in order to obtain information from the publishing house and editorial office about newly published issues and articles.
2.6. Personal data of participants in the electronic editorial process, including authors of publications, editors, reviewers, in accordance with Art. 89 GDPR, will be processed for scientific and statistical purposes throughout the period of making the electronic versions of the journal available. The scientific purpose is the archiving of articles and metadata, their sharing, indexing and forwarding for indexing in scientific databases, catalogs and websites.
2.7. Personal data of potential authors whose texts have not been accepted for publication may be deleted by the administrator 2 years after the editorial decision not to publish.
2.8. Personal data of users with the rights of readers may be deleted by the Administrator at any time after prior notification of the user's request.
2.9. By creating an account in the journal's profile, the Author agrees to receive notifications by e-mail.
3. User rights
3.1. Each User registered on the Platform has the rights specified in Art. 15-21 of the GDPR, which may be used subject to the conditions set out in the aforementioned provisions:
- The right to access data
- The right to rectify data
- The right to be forgotten
- Right to restriction of processing
- Right to data portability
- Right to object.
3.2. The User has the right to edit his account and change the previously provided data, with the exception of the system login. From the application level, he may at any time withdraw his consent to receive information from the publishing house and editorial staff of magazines based on the Platform.
3.3. The use of the rights set out in point 3.1 takes place after prior notification to the Administrator by e-mail: http://www.uwm.edu.pl/daneosobowe/formularz/.
4. Administrator rights
4.1. The Administrator reserves the right to process Users' data after the consent is withdrawn only for the purposes of pursuing possible claims in court or if national or EU regulations or international law oblige him to retain data.
4.2. The Administrator has the right to share Users' data and other data with authorized entities, on the basis of applicable law.
4.3. The administrator may use the services of other processors, based on the written consent given to them and the conditions specified in art. 28 GDPR.
4.4. Data may be transferred:
- processors in connection with the Platform's administration and technical support service;
- publishers of Google Analitycs analytical systems;
publishers of databases and indexing catalogs:
- Google Scholar
- Index Copernicus
- Crossref Metadata Search
4.5. entities or bodies authorized under the provisions of law.
5. Securing personal data
Platform encrypted using the SSL (Secure Socket Layer) protocol. The entered user passwords are encrypted. The University of Warmia and Mazury in Olsztyn processes personal data in accordance with the applicable provisions on the protection of personal data and applies technical and organizational measures ensuring protection of the processed data appropriate to the threats and categories of data protected, and in particular secures personal data against unauthorized access, loss or damage.