Peer Review Process
The rules for reviewing scientific publications in the “The Studies of Warmia”:
- After a preliminary assessment of the text (made by the editorial team and on the date in accordance with the publishing calendar adopted in the journal), each publication is reviewed by two independent reviewers from outside the unit to which the author of the publication is affiliated, and from outside UWM in Olsztyn.
- Each foreign-language publication is reviewed by a reviewer who is affiliated with a foreign institution other than the author's nationality.
- The reviewing procedure always takes into account the so-called double-blind review process (i.e. the author and reviewers do not know their identity).
- In special cases, the reviewer signs a declaration of no conflict of interest, which may be expressed in the relationship between the reviewer and the author of the publication:
- direct or personal relationships (kinship, legal relationships, conflict, etc.);
- professional dependence;
- direct scientific cooperation in the last two years preceding the preparation of the review;
- The reviewer fills in a review form approved by the editors.
- The review ends with a clear conclusion as to whether or not to accept the text.
- The review process takes place (electronically) using the Journal Platform System of the University of Warmia and Mazury in Olsztyn and in accordance with the publishing calendar adopted in the journal.
- The author is informed about the conclusion of the review using the Journal Platform System of the University of Warmia and Mazury in Olsztyn and in accordance with the publishing calendar adopted in the journal.
- If one of the reviews is clearly negative, the article is not subject to further publishing procedure and is rejected. Compliant external reviews are binding on the editor.
- The editors do not disclose the names of the reviewers to the authors. The names of the reviewers cooperating with the journal are published once a year.
The main criteria for evaluating articles during the reviewing procedure:
- The subject of the article must be consistent with the journal's profile (the editorial board accepts only scientific dissertations in the field of: philosophy, theology, family sciences, law and history).
- The article must be well prepared from the formal side (logical structure, scientific language, summaries and keywords, scientific apparatus, terminology).
- The author must refer in the article to a specific scientific problem (it is not enough to just recapitulate textbook knowledge on a given topic).
- If the publication discusses already known problems, the Author should bring new aspects or points of view of given issues.